Maxatec Case Study
Sales training course outcomes- £2m increase in sales pipeline and 50% increase in quality appointments
Maxatec are a certified supplier of hardware and services for POS, Auto ID and mobile market sectors. The company has over 35 years experience in distribution with an extensive network of resellers in the UK, Mainland Europe as well as the Middle East & Africa. www.maxatec-europe.com
Due to the recession the marketplace had become more competitive. A new strategy and approach was needed to maintain market share and profit margins to sustain & grow in a recession and enable Maxatec to continue to deliver on the company’s core values. Core values being ‘create value through partnerships; deliver the solution and professional expertise’. A new Sales Manager was appointed to lead the team, help them overcome these challenges and exceed targets. As some of the sales people had received no formal sales training it was felt if everyone was trained in the same way to the same level then everyone would have every chance of sales success & confidence in their role.
The Solutions2Success Sales Training Solution
Solutions2Success conducted a training needs analysis assessment with all attendees & the Sales Manager to gain an understanding of their training needs & challenges. A training programme was devised and customised to meet the needs of all attendees whilst aligning with the overall aims of the organisation & the Sales Manager’s objectives. A combination of training, workshop sessions, shared learning & assessment was conducted over several months to ensure the skills gained could be easily applied post course, reviewed & assessed regularly to measure the return on investment and improvements in the sales personnel. The feedback received confirmed the attendees found the programme enjoyable, informative and professional with well thought – out focused modules specifically tailored to Maxatec.
- 50% improvement in face to face meetings & appointment making
- Increased pipeline of £2m of prospects during & post programme due to having the skill and confidence to bid for larger value contracts
- Very confident sales achieved will exceed 15% of annual sales team target
- Improved focus & qualification of opportunities to maximise time on higher value sales and increase overall quote to win ratios
- More consultative approach to uncover more opportunities and improve relationships
- Greater understanding of client’s needs has increased sales and order values
- Fun, informative and professional delivery ensured interest to attend, retention of information , enthusiasm and confidence to apply skills gained & refreshed
‘‘As the manager of the team, who also attended the training I have noticed a dramatic change in the way the team and individuals work. They are also being selective of the opportunities they work on to avoid time wasters and are confident to tackle clients who use competitive products; cost is no longer an issue. Overall I have seen an increase in the number of appointments made, increase in regular business and more importantly the prospect sheets have increased by over £2m as they unearth larger projects to work on. The end of the year will be a true representation of how successful it has been. We are aiming for £5.3m but I believe the team could over achieve and be closer to £6m mark.
Thanks again for all your time taken to really understand our company and products and tailor your training so well’’
Jason Southern, Sales Manager, Maxatec